- All coupons that are over $1.00, FREE, or state ‘Do Not Double’ are redeemed at face value.
- A limit of three of the same coupons for the like items will be doubled. Any additional coupons for the same items will be redeemed at face value.
- There is generally no limit on manufacturer FREE coupons however stores can limit the free coupons in order to ensure product availability for our customers.
- The coupon refund may not exceed the price of the item including VIP discount.
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Pharmacy coupons are accepted at face value only.
She told me she was unable to send me a copy of Fry's coupon policy in writing because it changes frequently.
But, the basics are:
They will accept:
-Internet Printable Coupons for cents or dollars off
-Fry's In Store Coupons
-Fry's Catalina Coupons
-Competitor Coupons for Rx Only
-Current Coupons-Must expire on or after the date
They will NOT accept:
-Internet Printable Coupons for free product
-Drug Store Coupons
-Competitor Store Coupons
VIP card must be scanned before coupons can be scanned.
All coupons must be scanned by cashier. If they are not scannable, the code needs to be entered.
Will double up to 3 like coupons.
If you have more than 3 coupons, it is up to the managers discression of whether or not they will be accepted. (She said this was to make sure that the products are not wiped out, and so that everyone has the ability to obtain the product)
If you are allowed to use more than 3 like coupons, they will be taken as face value (not doubled)
If your coupon exceeds the amount of the product, you will be given the amount of the product, not the amount of the coupon.
Example: Candy are $0.99. I have a coupon for $1.00 off. They will only take $0.99 off.
- All limits and restrictions apply regarding competitor coupons. The Fresh & Easy coupon does not state that the coupon comes off after manufacturer coupons, therefore, it will be taken off BEFORE your manufacturer coupons. If, however, you use an Albertsons $10 off $100 - and it says "after coupons and all discounts", then that coupon will be after all coupons & discounts.
- Regarding competitor coupons doubling? Competitor coupons are typically store coupons, and store coupons are not doubled. Competitor coupons are taken at face value - if they are .75, they will be redeemed at .75. All manufacturer coupons, however, will be taken at $1.
- Does Fresh & Easy come off before competitor coupons? Fresh & Easy comes off before all other paper coupons - manufacturer and competitor. But after your Fry's VIP card is scanned.
So what is Fry's going to do to ensure that every store is on the same sheet of music?
Fry's in Arizona has sent out an email blast to all 18,000 store managers, front end managers, assistant managers, etc. regarding the use of competitor coupons. Unfortunately, not everyone was born to be an effective communicator. With that being said, if you do encounter any sort of issue at the register, stop the cashier, and politely ask for the front end manager. If that manager is not up to speed on the standard, then take it higher - to the store manager. Stand your ground: YOU have been informed of the policy, and Fry's wants you to know that they appreciate your loyalty. If that store manager seems misinformed, then you have two options. You can contact Fry's telephonically at 623-936-2100 (Customer Loyalty Department) OR, you can email them at Frys (dot) VIP (dot) department (at) FrysFood (dot) com. The Customer Loyalty staff are supplied with Blackberies, and can answer your concern at a moments notice.
If you continue with your order, and the cashier still won't take the coupon off as requested, get the name of the cashier and/or manager, and contact Fry's Corporate Office. Not only will they reimburse you for that mishap by crediting you for the coupon(s), they will contact that manager/cashier to re-communicate the intent of this promotion.