Vending Machine Rental
This BLOCKBUSTER Express® vending kiosk is operated by NCR Corporation ("NCR"). NCR is licensed to operate kiosks under the brand, BLOCKBUSTER Express®. These Terms and Conditions ("Terms") govern your use of the vending kiosk and the items made available to you at this kiosk (the "Service"). Please read them carefully.
You may accept and agree to abide by these Terms as presented by clicking "Accept". Changes, additions, deletions or counteroffers will not be accepted. If you do not agree to these Terms, click "Cancel".
- Initial rental period ends at 9pm on the date following the date of rental. Each additional rental period also ends at 9pm.
- The applicable Initial Rental Rate (see table below) applies to the initial rental period. If you keep a rental item beyond the initial rental period, you will incur the applicable Extra Night Rate charge (see table below) for each additional rental period that you have not returned the item before 9pm.
- If you do not return a rental item by 9pm on the applicable Purchase Date (see table below), you will be charged the maximum Extra Night rental amounts due for the rental term, plus applicable taxes, and the rental item shall be considered purchased by you, at which time you may keep the item.
Initial Rental Rate*
Extra Night Rate*
25th night after the initial rental date
25th night after the initial rental date
25th night after the initial rental date
- Customer Service can be reached at 1-877-300-2128 from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm Monday - Friday and 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm Saturday - Sunday, EST 7 days a week.
- A maximum of 4 items may be rented at a time.
- NCR reserves the right to charge for items returned damaged not to exceed the amount that would be charged on the applicable Purchase Date.
- A valid credit card or debit card is required at time of rental. You authorize NCR to use the credit or debit card information provided and submit the credit or debit card charges and/or electronic payments using any credit card or debit card information provided by you in collection of rental charges and all amounts owning due to (a) your failure to return items, (b) damages to returned items, and (c) other unpaid charges and reasonable legal fees for the recovery of amounts owning. NCR will submit the credit card or debit charge for the initial rental period for each rental item at the time of rental. If you keep your rental item(s) for more than three nights, we may periodically charge your credit card for extra night charges until the disc is returned (no more frequently than every three days) and upon return or the Purchase Date - whichever comes sooner.
- NCR is in no way responsible for overdraft charges due to customer authorizations, rental periods, product purchases or any other circumstances.
- These Terms, including pricing, are subject to change without advance notice at any time, but changes to material terms, such as rental rates and periods, will not affect rentals then in progress. Other BLOCKBUSTER Express® vending kiosks may have different rental terms and pricing.
- Hours of operation may vary from day to day and by location.
- DVDs and Blu-Ray discs may be rented online at http://www.blockbusterexpress.com/ for pick-up at a BLOCKBUSTER Express® kiosk. (See additional terms below.) A BLOCKBUSTER Express® rental item may be returned to any BLOCKBUSTER Express® vending kiosk.
- Rental terms for BLOCKBUSTER Express® vending kiosks differ from rental terms at BLOCKBUSTER© stores, do not require a BLOCKBUSTER© membership, and do not count as a BLOCKBUSTER© store rental or towards any BLOCKBUSTER© membership program.
- DVDs, Blu-ray discs and games you receive from BLOCKBUSTER Online® and BLOCKBUSTER© stores may NOT be returned to a BLOCKBUSTER Express® vending kiosk.
- THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE VENDING KIOSKS AND ALL DVDS AND THEIR CONTENTS, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITH ALL FAULTS AND, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. NCR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THEM. NCR makes no representations with respect to the content contained on DVD or Blur-Ray discs or the descriptions of any movie content it provides. You agree to hold NCR, its kiosk host locations and its employees harmless from any damage or loss to any person or property arising out of the use of any product purchased or rented. IN NO EVENT WILL NCR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES,
- NCR will not be responsible for the return nor loss of any non-BLOCKBUSTER Express® DVDs inserted into the vending kiosk.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND GUARANTEE PAYMENT FOR ALL ITEMS RENTED AND/OR PURCHASED THROUGH ANY BLOCKBUSTER EXPRESS® VENDING MACHINE (Guarantee not applicable in California). You agree that NCR may pursue all avenues of collection, including use of collection agencies.
- All disputes between you and NCR regarding your use of the BLOCKBUSTER Express® vending kiosk or the Service shall be resolved by binding individual arbitration under the American Arbitration Association's rules for consumer-related disputes. Neither you nor NCR will participate in a class action or class-wide arbitration for any claims covered by this Agreement. If this class action waiver is found to be unenforceable in a particular case, then this entire arbitration agreement shall be null and void in that case. This Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and, where consistent, New York law. This provision will survive the termination of your right to use this vending kiosk or the Service
- You may rent a DVD or Blu-Ray disc online at http://www.blockbusterexpress.com./ To complete the rental checkout process click "Complete Rental" and your credit card will be charged for the first night's rental plus tax. You will be charged the first night's rental even if you do not retrieve the item from the kiosk.
- Your rental is valid only at the vending kiosk specified in your Cart and is non-transferable.
- If a promotion code is used and the rental item is not picked up, you will be charged for one night's rental plus tax.
- Upon completing a transaction, your rental item will be held for you until 9 p.m. the next business day. If you do not pick up your rental item by 9 p.m. the next business day it will be released for others to rent.
- You have until 9 p.m. the next business day to pick up and return your rental item. If you keep a rental item beyond the initial rental period, you will be charged the applicable Extra Night Rate (see above) for each additional rental period that you elect to keep the item.
- All rentals are subject to the hours of vending kiosk availability, which are subject to change without notice.
If you have any questions or comments regarding these Terms, please call us at 1-877-300-2128 or e-mail us at email@example.com. You may also write to us at: NCR Corporation, PO Box 958068, Duluth, Georgia 30095
Dear BLOCKBUSTER Express® Customer, I hope that you're enjoying our combination of convenience, value and choice in helping you to make any night YOUR movie night. You may have heard today that the company, Blockbuster, Inc. has announced plans to enter into bankruptcy protection to restructure their finances. We wish them great success in that process. You should know, however, that the BLOCKBUSTER Express business is 100% owned and operated by NCR Corporation, a rock-solid public company that has pioneered breakthrough consumer experiences for more than 125 years. We look forward to serving up those great experiences for another 125 years and more.
Meanwhile, I want to assure you that we are working hard every day to make your movie-rental experience with BLOCKBUSTER Express even better in a number of ways, including:
- Opening new locations nearby that make it more convenient to rent and return movies
- Adding more copies of more movies to rent at your local BLOCKBUSTER Express kiosks
- Preserving value, with most titles available to rent for only $1 per night
In the meantime, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions for how we can continue to improve your experience, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.